Unanswered: MySQL Stored Procedure

Hi,
    I want a MySQL stored procedure which can parse an excel file and save it in the csv format,after which the values in the file can be imported into a table.

Kindly help me with a solution for this asap.

Thanks,
    Narayana

Quote Originally Posted by narayanyr
    I want a MySQL stored procedure which can parse an excel file and save it in the csv format,after which the values in the file can be imported into a table.

Kindly help me with a solution for this asap.
    Why do you want a stored procedure to do this???

If you don't have too many files then just load the file in Excel and save it again as csv. If you getting lots of files from a single source then specify that you want data in a CSV format. Otherwise just use an off the shelf converter (try using google) or write a small 3GL program to do the conversion.

PS The forums are a way of getting answers to questions and not just a source of free labour.

Actually there will be a lot of files and I need all the files to be parsed on the basis of a fixed set of rules.So need to develop this tool to take an input-xls file convert it to csv file with the required parsing implemented.

Further I want to load the csv file into the appropriate table in db - mysql

Thanks