Question DataBase Design-Immediate help confirms my job.

Hi,

One interviewer asked me if any new requirement forces us to make a child table with primary and Foreign key relation, we can create one child table. But if we keep on going for creating new child tables like that whenever new requirement comes that is after 20 years or something,
    What is the best way to create or design a database for considering future requirements also.

How can we make database design useful for future requirements also.How we can make database flexible. He also said there is a straightforward answer for this question. If i answer this question my job is going to confirm.

Please let me know anybody as early as possible the answer for this questions.

Sincerely
    Murali Krishna.

Quote Originally Posted by ganginenimurali View Post
    What is the best way to create or design a database for considering future requirements also.
    the absolute best way to design for future requirements is to get a rock solid handle on your PKs and FKs

if you're in the logical design stage, this means no autonumbers or surrogate keys -- not in the logical stage

make sure each table has a solid natural key
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL