Red face Unanswered: How to do calculations in a separate form control, then display the information else

Please can someone help me?

I have a hairdresser booking system. In the form where you book appointments I need a button that opens another form and allows the user to enter appointment details selecting services from a combo list.

These services need to be attached to a price that displays alongside each service chosen adding them together to form a total.

Once saved this information needs to appear in the details section of the appointment booking form so the services required (separated by commas) and a total cost.

In the appointments table where booked appointments are stored this information needs to be visible under details and price, also in this table are the time and date as well as the employee carrying out the appointment.

I then need a button that allows the user to select an employee name and only the appointments that they have carried out our displayed, so the date, services (separated by comma) are displayed. I then need each of these services to represent a value *where would these values be stored*? To act as commission. So these values will be displayed and added together + a basic rate to form the employees’ wages

For example if Wash= 25 and cut=10 And the table were to say:
    Wash, cut,
    35 would be displayed in that row and beside it 35 plus a basic rate.

Can someone please talk me through how to achieve this effect? It would be much appreciated.

Provided Answers: 14
    It would be easier to help you if you could provide some information about the structure of your database: What's the data source of the appointment booking form, how do you store the different services with their associated prices, etc.
    Have a nice day!

Also, are you developing this in VB (what version) or in Access on a form? It may be easier to do this in code than to try to do the calculations in a query.

Jim

Unhappy

Thank you for the reply.

I am using access tables. I have an appointment booking table which hase an add details button. But at the moment I just need the functions to work in anyway shape or form.

Tables

Client

Client id
    Client title
    Client surname
    Client forename
    Address1
    Address2
    Address3
    Postcode
    Mobile telephone
    Home telephone
    Email
    Employee

Employee id
    Employee name

Appointment

Appointment id
    appTime
    appDate
    Client id
    Employee id
    Appointment details

Price list

Service
    Price
    Duration
    commission

Queries

Appointment bookings

Forms

Add client
    Book appointment

I have been working on this for weeks with no progress and need to finish by tonight so I would appreciate help beyond belief.