Unanswered: upgrading DB2 connect to v9

We have a DB2 connect server (9.7 fp1) we allow our customers to use to connect to z/OS. Since v8 has been unsupported for a year now, we are forcing our customer agencies to upgrade to a version 9(1,5,7) release of DB2 connect. After giving sufficiant time to upgrade, we revoked execute from public on v8 packages. Now our customers are receiving this error:

ERROR [42501] [IBM][DB2] SQL0551N "XXXXXXXX" does not have the privilege to perform operation "EXECUTE PACKAGE" on object "NULLID.SYSSH200". SQLSTATE=42501

The customers say they have upgraged there client to a version 9 release, so why are they still trying to use a v8 package?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Joe

another question

are some of the packages used by version 8 also used by version 9?
    SYSSH200 for example.

Provided Answers: 1
    hartmann7, Package SYSSH200 is in DB2 V9.7.

You can find some info about this package here:
    IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Quote Originally Posted by db2girl View Post
    You can find some info about this package here:
    Thanks my brother, you help me a big favor!

Thank you Stealth DBA and you too DB2girl, that is the manual i found that led me to believe that the packages were the same in different version.

I guess my next question is how can you tell what packages are needed? In the past we have freed everything with a name in PDSNAME that matched the version (ex v7 sql07...)

If we freed package syssh200 which has a pdsname of SQL08010.xx.xxx.x.xxx, Would running the binds in connect again create a new package for syssh200 with a pdsname of SQL09070.xx.xxx.xx.xx? We don't want to free it if we can't get it back.

Based on what I remember (it's been a while so this info may not be accurate), if you free a package on z/OS and then recreate it from DB2 Connect by binding ddcsmvs.lst, the pdsname will match db2 Connect version.

Thanks db2girl,
    We ran a test on our sandbox system this morning and if you free the package and run the binds again from connect, it will bind it with the new PDSNAME of
    SQL09071.xx.xxx.xx.xx. Is this new package then backward compatible? I ran the bind using 9.7 would 9.5 and 9.1 be able to use this

I think you need to bind for each version if your DB2 clients are not at the same level as DB2 Connect

Additional testing revealed that you need to use the action keyword with replace to bind the packages that span multiple releases with the same name. Using that keyword it bound the package and updated the PDSNAME to the version that bound it.

Thank you for your help Bella. I appreciate it.
    Joe

hartman, I have this problem what did you bind to resolve?

Jignesh9,
    We rebound all the packages with action keyword replace. This updated the packages needed/shared with version 9 that were bound in version 8.
    Thanks
    Joe