Sr. SQL Server Database Developer/Administrator - Dallas, TX
Riccione Resources, the Recruitment Firm with 25 years representing great companies, is proud to announce a full-time position for a SQL Server Database Developer/Administrator. This is an established top-notch firm that has received worldwide and industry recognition. In this position you will be the subject matter expert on all things related to database development and administration.
The Database Developer/Administrator will report to the Chief Information Officer and is responsible for the quality and integrity of data in the databases, as well as creating, enhancing, and maintaining high performance, high availability database applications and business logic tiers related to the business of trading systems, portfolio management, and accounting.
* Establishing and maintaining database designs, firm-wide database strategy, performance tuning, query optimization, procedures, applications, processes, and documentation.
* Developing and maintaining data export, transformation and load processes (ETLs) for the internal Environment.
* Managing database release processes and coordinating the maintenance of development, testing, and production environments.
* Interfacing with the development team to ensure efficient database operations and provide value that assures effective use of SQL Server technologies.
* Interacting with developers and end-users, throughout the development life-cycle, including: requirements gathering, testing, implementation, production support.
* Setting up new and maintaining existing backup and recovery strategies, database maintenance and performance tuning. Performing database recovery as needed.
* Evaluating and recommending software and hardware components to improve database, data integrity and application system performance.
* Researching new data and/or development technologies, including evaluating third party products.
* Meeting delivery targets for projects, and providing timely status reports for those projects.
* Participating in code review and acceptance process to improve methodology and delivery.
* Documenting database operations and support procedures
* B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree is required
* Five years or more experience in database development and administration.
* Experience should include a role having overall responsibility for databases.
* Knowledge of database modeling and development, maintenance and tuning, n-tier architecture and data warehousing is important.
* Required technologies include: Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL.
* Some experience in any of the following: SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Business Intelligence Tools and object-relational mapping.
* Candidates must demonstrate capabilities in database programming, data transformation and load, database development and modeling, data quality analysis, and database administration.
* The position requires the ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments simultaneously, anticipate required activities/tasks, and work according to changing priorities and deadlines
* Candidates must possess excellent communication skills and a desire to work in high-energy, goal-oriented development environment.
* Experience with agile development methodologies
* Exceptional candidates will have experience working with financial applications, including trade management systems, market data analysis systems, portfolio management, accounting, and/or tax systems.
Relocation: Will provide moving assistance.
Salary: $90K – 105K
Bonus Plan (can be up to 50% of base salary)
401(k) Plan, dollar to dollar match up to $15K
Major Medical, Dental, Vision paid for dependents at no cost to employee and dependents
3 week vacation starting off