05-05-10, 13:37 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2006
- Dallas, TX
Application Support, SQL Server, Financial Firm - Dallas, Texas
Riccione Resources is the Recruitment Firm with 25 years experience representing technology's most innovative companies, presents an opportunity for an Application Support Developer. This position reports directly to the Information Technology Manager, and is responsible for working directly with team members to troubleshoot and resolve problems they experience with custom applications and in-house databases. This role does not include general desktop support, which is handled by an internal desktop support team.
We have worked with this client for over 5 years and had success in placing candidates in their software development group. Professional environment, very good tools and resources, very intelligent work staff, highly successful firm.
* Handle initial call from users and determine best course of resolution.
* Distinguish issues that can be resolved independently and resolve them, including coordination with outside vendors or service providers when they are involved.
* Independently implement minor bug fixes and features.
* Troubleshoot database and data load problems in SQL Server.
* Act as a liaison between users and the core development team to facilitate prompt issue resolution when a more complicated code change is required.
* Keep the development knowledge base current by documenting problems reported and their resolution when appropriate.
* Analyze issue trends and alert the development team to common problem patterns.
* Make recommendations on software improvements based on experience with common classes of problems and interaction with users.
* Prioritize support issues and escalate them to the proper level when appropriate.
* Distinguish between support issues and new feature requests; log new feature requests and notify users that they have been submitted for prioritization.
* Keep affected users aware of progress resolving issues.
* Ensure the development knowledge base is accurate by reviewing it periodically and removing obsolete references.
* Track issues in a custom support application.
Skills, Experience, and Education
* B.A., B.S., or equivalent degree is required.
* Five years professional experience with two years of user and application support experience in a Windows application environment.
* Required technologies include: Windows application development, .NET Framework, MS SQL Server, T-SQL and ad hoc SQL queries.
* Candidates must possess excellent communication skills due to a high level of user interaction; must be comfortable managing multiple user requests simultaneously.
* Ability to work independently, anticipate required activities and tasks, and work according to changing priorities and deadlines.
* Attention to detail, a high sense of quality, and experience working with users at all levels of the organization.
* A talent for researching the symptoms of a problem and drilling down to the root cause is essential.
* Exceptional candidates will have experience in, or knowledge of the investment industry.
* Preferred technologies include: C#, ASP.NET, and Microsoft Excel.
Salary: 70K - 85K
Bonus Plan (can be up to 50% of base salary)
401(k) Plan, dollar to dollar match up to $15K
Major Medical, Dental, Vision paid for dependents at no cost to employee and dependents
3 weeks vacation starting off
Relocation Assistance Available
Contact: Email resume to email@example.com
Riccione Resources, Inc.
Riccione Resources - Home
Job ID: SW639