SQL Server Developer and DBA, New Position - Dallas, TX
Riccione Resources, the Recruitment Firm with 25 years of experience representing great companies, is proud to announce an opening for SQL Server Developer and DBA with a Dallas company experiencing rapid growth (250% in 7 years).
Our client has been in business for 23 years, although considered a small company (less than 50 people, 10 in software development), they are profitable, stable and in a significant growth mode. They created a niche market by using technology to deliver excellent customer service while delivering quality results. They are currently in a total software redevelopment plan to take their products and services to the next level. This will provide them with an advantage over competitors in the marketplace.
Their customer base is diversified reducing their dependence on one industry, with clients in the following sectors: financial services, insurance, telecom, retail, distribution, manufacturing and health care.
This is a new position and you will be the only DBA on staff. 75% of time work on development of data bases and 25% working on production DBA responsibilities. This is a senior/lead role so some leadership experience is a plus.
What will you do?
* Design, install, maintain and upgrade development, test and production databases
* Position is accountable for the overall performance of the database environments.
* Create and enforce database standards across the team.
* Work closely with application developers to define and resolve information flow and content issues
What kind of candidate are we looking for?
* Bachelor degree in related field
* Significant experience in SQL Server Administration versions 2005 and 2008
* 5+ years experience in full SDLC, strong understand of the development process
* 2+ years DBA experience
* Proficiency in SQL, TSQL, and SSRS
* 2+ years experience with database design, backup and recovery, table partitioning, monitoring and troubleshooting, tuning and optimization, capacity planning
* Knowledge of the principles, theories, practices and techniques of the systems development life cycle, database design, routine maintenance, process scheduling, security, and backup/recovery.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
* Strong organizational and problem solving skills
* Understand the C#/.Net architecture to converse with software development team
* Database Disaster Recovery and High Availability Strategies
* Background with OS or server admin and/or network skills
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
Total Compensation: 70K - 80K
Profit Sharing (10%-15% of salary)
401K Match (3%)