Question Unanswered: Online Access Database

Hi All,

I have an access database in which I run reports for clients. The clients no want to be able to run their own reports online. How do I even begin to put mydatabase online so they may run reports.

Any instructions will be helpful on this.

Quote Originally Posted by benz1984 View Post
    Hi All,

I have an access database in which I run reports for clients. The clients no want to be able to run their own reports online. How do I even begin to put mydatabase online so they may run reports.

Any instructions will be helpful on this.
    See:

Running an Access database over the internet

Hope this helps ...
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Provided Answers: 1
    It is generally accepted that Access is a sub-optimal solution for any web-based applications. The usual cautions for this approach revolve around Access becoming unstable with a small number of concurrent users. If this is for reporting only, you may have better luck exporting the actual data from your Access db into something more web-appropriate like MySQL or SQL Server.

What kind of database and clients are we talking about here? What's the scope of the solution and how are your clients invested in it?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

In the five years, I have been using access in both Asp and Asp.Net it has performed consistently well. No corruption. I would in this case look at a Terminal Server solution, iot is a hardware cost and does not need any major reprogramming or redesign of the database.

Simon