Unanswered: IP/Domain Change

DB2 V9.5 FP5 - Linux REL 5

We had to move the Linux server to a different domain and had to change the IP address too. What are the steps I need to do to get the DB2 adjusted to the new domain ?

Couldn't find much info in Google. Some suggested to change "db2nodes.cfg" file but this file does not even exist on the DB2 V9.5 (I think it is on V 8.2).

Can anyone please let me know the steps or direct me to a source ?

Thanks.

Joe.

Take a look at the following technote:
    IBM - Changing hostname of the DB2 server

Also, check hostname / IP address clients use to connect to the server. .rhosts should not exist on your server.

Thanks Bella. I have read that. My only concern is that the current server name is like MYSERVER.da.domain1.com and new one will be MYSERVER.so.domain7.com. I wonder if the fully qualified domain/server name registered somewhere in DB2 and would give me problems after moving the server.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by mdx34 View Post
    Some suggested to change "db2nodes.cfg" file but this file does not even exist on the DB2 V9.5 (I think it is on V 8.2).
    db2nodes.cfg does exist on DB2 9.5 and 9.7 in the $home/sqllib directory (where $home is home directory of instance owner). This is for Linux and UNIX systems only.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

It only exist in DB2 9.5 ESE. Not WorkGroup Server (Which we have), or Personal Edition according to here

IBM - Changing hostname of the DB2 server

db2nodes.cfg is the one that causes most of the problems on the server. You don't have it so no worries. Check node directory (db2 list node directory) on the client side, it can have the fully qualified hostname. The technote is a good checklist.

........will d that............Thanks Bella...........

Joe.