Unanswered: Design consideration for BLOB columns

Hi,

i have a table with multiple BLOB columns( around 6 ). what is the best way to design ? should table partitioning be considered or should i move all the BLOB data into a different table. i have already created a different tablespace for storing the BLOB data. kindly suggest if there are any alternatives

Provided Answers: 5
    Why not a single BLOB with a type identifier to let you know which of the 6 this one is?
    Dave

the table would also have other columns apart from the 6 BLOB columns. so it would duplicate the data in case i use a single BLOB with a type identifier. so would it be a better option to move all BOLBs into a different table( single BLOB to be considered in the second table ) .i am considering this from the performance point of view.

It depends on the structure of the expected queries.

If you expect full table scans, inline storage of BLOBS can result in additional I/O. So you should define "DISABLE STORAGE IN ROW" in the LOB storage clause when creating the table.

Depending of the average size of your BLOBS, you might want to consider storing them in a different tablespace with a bigger blocksize (i.e. 16k or even 32k).
    "There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible, and wrong."
    -- H.L. Mencken