Unanswered: How to change Enterprise server edition to Workgroup server edition? V 9.7

Hi guys,

Greeting there. Currently I am having a problem as I have installed DB2 enterprise version for my Client DB2 server then I only find out we are using Workgroup Server edition.

Is there anyway to downgrade from Enterprise server edition to Workgroup Server edition?

Database version is 9.7 and OS is Window Server 2007.

Any advise is highly appreciated !?

Thank you guys

Regards,
    Sean

Provided Answers: 1
    I guess you'll need to use db2licm to remove ESE license and install WSE license instead.

I am not sure how this works on DB2 for Windows, but on Linux/UNIX you can specify the instance type (Express, Workgroup, or ESE) when the instance is created even if the code is a higher level edition (ESE). Not sure if you can change an existing instance or whether you have to drop and recreate the instance you have (check the Command Reference manual).

If you need to create a new instance with the proper Edition, then uncatalog the existing database(s), drop the existing instance, create new instance with Workgroup type (you must specify the type since you have ESE code installed) and recatalog databases to the new instance (catalog db on a path name - check Command Reference manual for how to do this). But before you uncatalog the databases, do a "db2 list db directory" so you know for sure what the path is.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks

Thanks n_i and Marcus for the replied. Anyway I have try to db2licm -r to remove the license and db2licm -a to install the Workgroup Edition License but it is not working . The screen still show

Product name: "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition"
    Expiry date: "Expired"
    Product identifier: "db2ese"
    Version information: "9.7"

Really need some helps here urgently

Thanks Blazer