Question Unanswered: MSSQL 2008 & GP DYnamics Question???

I am upgrading from SQlServer 2005 std to sql server 2008 std on my existing sqlserver2005 instance i have GP Dynamics databses and databases of companies which we created in GP Dynamics ...... while Upgrading do i need to also restore System Databases?????? ..or Just restoring GP Dynamics databases will be fine ...steps which I am going to follow

1. Backup all logins
    2 Take full backup of all user databases

3. Uninstalling SQL 2005

4. Installing sql 2008

5. Create all logins

6. Restore all user databases

As my instance Name is not changing so i Dont need to chnage connection string for GP Dynamics

My Question is Do i need to restore system databases also????
    Does system databases have any thing to do with GP Dynamics

Provided Answers: 6
    well, I would not do this this way. You might lose all kinds of msdb and master stuff but I would not restore them either. What's wrong with doing an in-place upgrade and not uninstalling sql2k5?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Well there are some problems with existing instance..its not installed correctly

and i cannot upgrade it through wizard becoz performance issues may come up later on...so what u suggest is right way to do

can i follow below link to transfer system databases first...pls help!!!

Sugesh's BLOG: Moving System Databases - SQL Server 2005

Provided Answers: 6
    Quote Originally Posted by amitwadhawan123 View Post
    Well there are some problems with existing instance..its not installed correctly

and i cannot upgrade it through wizard becoz performance issues may come up later on...so what u suggest is right way to do
    you need to explain this.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.