Unanswered: Importing .csv into mysql

I am looking to import a local .csv file into my online mysql database.
    I have already used phpmyadmin to simply "import" /csv files, but I would like a more automated method to do this.

I thought a .bat file could work, but I am not very familiar with the syntax.

I am also considering a stored proc. since I am comfortable with SQL, although I am unfamiliar with the syntax to get the .csv file.

What are your recommendations?

Ideally, this would eventually become a scheduled job, although it is not the priority for the moment.

The job will be a recurring event, possibly with different .csv filenames and/or different db table names.

Thanks.

There are some cool tools like CSV to MySQL that make it easy to import and export CSV files to and from MySQL - but changing the filenames and database tables on an automated job sounds like a tall order. Maybe you need a custom script.

Quote Originally Posted by socaroka View Post
    There are some cool tools like CSV to MySQL
    thanks a lot ill look into this

as u want to load a csv file into db.
    --u can use "load data infile my.txt into table table1 fields terminated by ',' "

--to automate this job for a 'table' with a 'filename' u can write a shell script which calls the above SQL statement which loads the data and run the script through crontab.

--if ur not using linux shell script follow this procedure in .bat file as i dont know how .bat works or its syntax