Unanswered: Data From Multiple Sources

Can an Access 2007 form “send” data from it’s fields to a location other than its underlying table? If so how?

Here’s the scenario: I have an Address Table for customers. I have a form to enter that data directly.

But I’d also like to add addresses to the “Address table” —and make that “Address Table” data available-- to other forms in the database. Even if that “Address Table” is not the underlying table.

Picture a Messenger service. The clients of the service would likely have their main/billing address entered on some kind of Customer Info Form. Those clients however will have packages delivered to other “destination addresses.”

In fact, sometimes the origin might be the destination and the destination might be the origin. (Say when a law firm receives a package, signs the documents and then sends the documents back by the same messenger.)

Sometimes the customer will only be the one paying the bill, but the origin and destination of the package will be different from the Customer’s billing address.

And lastly, of course, the addresses aren’t unique to any one customer. Office buildings, court houses, apartment complexes will have the same address but be utilized by many different possible clients.

Thus, the need for a centralized location for addresses.

If there’s a template for a messenger or taxi service out there or something similar I’d be interested in perusing it.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb2252 View Post
    ...But I’d also like to add addresses to the “Address table” —and make that “Address Table” data available-- to other forms in the database. Even if that “Address Table” is not the underlying table.
    I have a problem completely following your scenario here, but in answer the question above, You can retrieve data into a form from a table that is not part of the form's RecordSource by using the DLookup() function.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007