Unanswered: Max number of schemas in Oracle 11?

I have a SQL 2000 DBMS instances that I'm porting to Oracle. It's got 120 databases on it(each about 100 gigs - some are 250 gigs), and we want to keep them all on the same machine.

Will having 120 database schemas in Oracle 11 break the bank? Any issues I should be aware of? btw - that target environment is Oracle RACC.

Anyone out there have some real world experiences with this many schemas that you can related?

Thanks,

Isaac

No problem. We have a database with about 35000 schemas. Enjoy Oracle, I think you will like it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

according to the Oracle® Database Reference 11g Release 2 (11.2) it's only 2,147,483,638 (schemas plus roles).

So, no way of having just one Oracle database with a schema for each human on earth ...
    "There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible, and wrong."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Looks like 120 schemas is a drop in the bucket. Does that hold true even if you have queries that perform cross-schedma joins?

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >Does that hold true even if you have queries that perform cross-schedma joins?
    Do not mix apples & oranges.

Schemas exist for data security & have No direct impact on query performance.
    If you have privilege to access a table or view, it does not matter if you are the owner or not.

A query is a query; regardless of who own data objects being queried.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by anacedent View Post
    A query is a query; regardless of who own data objects being queried.
    Unless they are on different servers (or instances)

With database links, even other instances can be included in a query and I do it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.