Unanswered: SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD -- Export

I'm trying to run the statement below. I would like to eventually incorporate into a stored procedure.

CALL SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD ('EXPORT to "c:\temp\myexport.del" OF del MESSAGES on server select * from stgarchv.stg_purge_sql_list')

The command runs but i get the error below:

SQL0965W There is no message text corresponding to SQL warning "20397" in the message file on this workstation. The warning was returned from module "SQLUEFOP" with original tokens "SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD SQL3001 ".

Any Ideas what i'm doing wrong?

CALL SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD ('EXPORT to "c:\temp\myexport.del" OF del MESSAGES c:\temp\messages.txt select * from stgarchv.stg_purge_sql_list')

Provided Answers: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer789 View Post
    CALL SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD ('EXPORT to "c:\temp\myexport.del" OF del MESSAGES c:\temp\messages.txt select * from stgarchv.stg_purge_sql_list')
    The export statement is different when used with the SYSPROC.ADMIN_CMD:

IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

The statement by the original poster is correct providing the DB2 server is on Windows.

The call will return a result set. One of the columns is a query to run to retrieve the messages. Run that to see what they are.

Andy

the file is exported to the sever and NOT client.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.