Unanswered: for the love of god where is the easy button! Ms access + (insert best option here)

OK i have been through a lot of material. i have got an idea as to what i might want to do. thin client seems to be a good option for the future. but i am still looking into how to take a back end and put it into a sql database i created via MySQL Database Wizard. i wanted to try out sharepoint to do this but i can not find a trial that works on my windows 7. is sharepoint a good way to go? and if so do i need sharepoint server, sharepoint design or...?. from what i read i can use sharepoint for my back end and not worry about changing my MS access UI any. i just want a point that can be accessed via the front end ui (ms access) that i give people. and i want to keep my MS access UI without making it a browser base UI. doesn't even need to be accessed out side of a home network. is there a way to do all this
    using a server i created in a partition using wampserver? i dont need people out side of homegroup accessing it.

i have no idea how to go about this.

1) do i need to install special software onto my MySQL Database i created to hold the back end?

2) do i need special software to upload the back end into the MySQL Database i created.

3) do i need special software to access the database once it is installed? (aside from ms access?

i am completely lost and frustrated in this area and usually can figure things out no prob. this one has me stumped. i hate to ask but if anyone has the time, i really need a walk through of how and why of database. once i understand what i need in what order i can research it and figure it out. any advice would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by intellectualjoke View Post
    OK i have been through a lot of material. i have got an idea as to what i might want to do. thin client seems to be a good option for the future. but i am still looking into how to take a back end and put it into a sql database i created via MySQL Database Wizard. i wanted to try out sharepoint to do this but i can not find a trial that works on my windows 7. is sharepoint a good way to go? and if so do i need sharepoint server, sharepoint design or...?. from what i read i can use sharepoint for my back end and not worry about changing my MS access UI any. i just want a point that can be accessed via the front end ui (ms access) that i give people. and i want to keep my MS access UI without making it a browser base UI. doesn't even need to be accessed out side of a home network. is there a way to do all this
    using a server i created in a partition using wampserver? i dont need people out side of homegroup accessing it.

i have no idea how to go about this.

1) do i need to install special software onto my MySQL Database i created to hold the back end?

2) do i need special software to upload the back end into the MySQL Database i created.

3) do i need special software to access the database once it is installed? (aside from ms access?

i am completely lost and frustrated in this area and usually can figure things out no prob. this one has me stumped. i hate to ask but if anyone has the time, i really need a walk through of how and why of database. once i understand what i need in what order i can research it and figure it out. any advice would be great.

It is my understanding is that Sharepoint runs on a Windows Server OS and also requires MS SQL Server.

I do not know if it supports mySQL.

This may help:

The Big Dummies Guide to Setting up your SharePoint Virtual Development Environment

This may also help:

Running an Access database over the internet

Hope this helps ...
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11