Unanswered: reports and subreport filtering

I have a report with a subreport on it. the subreport can have many records related to the report. I open the report with a wherecondition that limits the records on the main report to what i specify. the records on the subreport are also limited to the related records on the main report.
    so far so good. My Problem.
    if the sub report has more than 1 related record the main report will show a record for every record in the sub report.
    example:
    if vendor "A" has 3 products then the main report will show vendor "A" 3 times with the 3 products instead of showing vendor "A" one time on the report with the 3 products in the sub report. I duplicates the records.

Provided Answers: 6
    It sounds like the source of the main report is incorrect. It should be the table that contains the vendors. The subreport would be based on the table that contains the products. Can you clarify your table structure and what the reports are based on?
    Paul

thanks for the reply. you were right, my source was not the table. I made the adjustment and everything works.

Provided Answers: 6
    Happy to help.
    Paul