Unanswered: Text based support in DB2 UDB v8

Hi,
    We want to know if DB2 UDB v8 supports text based or context based search capability.If yes then how can we leverage this functionality, any example of how to use it will really help us.

If it doesn;t support then what are the other options available to get this functionality in DB2 UDB v8. (like usage of any tools..etc)

Thanks
    Ravi

Provided Answers: 1
    Text search in DB2 v8 was implemented with Net Search Extender; check the manual for details. You should consider migrating to a more recent version of DB2 though, because 1) DB2 v8 is not supported and 2) there is a more advanced text search facility, DB2 Text Search, available in DB2 9.5 and later.

Text based support in DB2 UDB v8

Hi,
    Thanks for replying back.
    Can you also please let me know from where can I download and install DB2 NET SEARCH EXTENDER?

Thanks
    Ravi

Provided Answers: 1
    Since DB2 v8 is out of support, I doubt you can download it from anywhere. If I remember correctly, at some point Net Search Extender may have been included in the standard DB2 server distribution, so you may want to check your original installation media (if you still have them after all these years).