Unanswered: Help Emailing Sections of a report

Hello,

I have created a report format that I would like to send out. The report is grouped by department sections. I also have a table with contacts, what report(s) they should get, their department.

Want I am curious to know if there is anyway to get something set-up such that I would be able to automatically send all the report sections out to the respective people...or do I have to create a separate report for each department?

Thank you for your help. - pure

Quote Originally Posted by purelife View Post
    Hello,

I have created a report format that I would like to send out. The report is grouped by department sections. I also have a table with contacts, what report(s) they should get, their department.

Want I am curious to know if there is anyway to get something set-up such that I would be able to automatically send all the report sections out to the respective people...or do I have to create a separate report for each department?

Thank you for your help. - pure
    Depending on the design of the report, you might be able to just use a filter. This way you can run the report for once for each department.
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechCoach View Post
    Depending on the design of the report, you might be able to just use a filter. This way you can run the report for once for each department.
    Thank you for your response. Could you provide me with a little more detail as to how I could go about this?

the basic steps will be:

1) open a recordset that is a unique list on of department ids that has data matching the desired criteria.

2) loop through the records generating report using the department ids from the recordset as the filter.

Example of printing a report using the WHERE parameter:

Docmd.OpenReport "YourReportName", , ,"DeptID=" rs!DeptID
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.

If you are using Access 2007, I have created an example that you might find helpful

See:

Batch Printing and Save As PDF

and also this:

E-Mail to Multiple Recipients Using Outlook Object
    Last edited by HiTechCoach; 05-28-10 at 12:06.