Thread: DB2 ODBC driver

Unanswered: DB2 ODBC driver

I have IBM data server client installed on my pc through which I connect to the database servers residing on AIX operating system. Can some please tell me if I can install ODBC drivers on my PC by keeping the IBM data server client ? OR Do I need to remove the client before installing the drivers.

It would be helpful if someone could also let me know the procedure to install the ODBC drivers and any command to verify the installation.

My windows client on my PC is DB2 V9.5 FP3 and my server is on AIX its version is 9.5 FP3 as well.

Provided Answers: 1
    Data Server Client should contain the DB2 ODBC driver, among other things. You can see that by opening the Data Sources (ODBC) control panel and adding a data source - you will find DB2 ODBC in the driver list.

Driver for ODBC and CLI is not part of the IBM Data Server Client or the IBM Data Server Runtime Client. It must be installed and configured separately; and it provides a subset of the functionality of either IBM Data Server client.

IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

steps to download and install :

you can verity with the following commands,

db2cli, db2level etc..

also Check that the java, open source files should not be present in this.

Thanks,
    Amarnath N reddy

Actually I have gone through the info centre documents you provided but either of the documents doesn't give the procedure how to do it on windows.

I followed similar steps which the document provided for unix.

Installing the IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI

I created a directory db2_cli_odbc_driver under the db2 install directory which is C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB2 and extracted all the files under it.

Right now I need to verify if it is installed properly. db2level doesnot provide me that info.

Here is the output.

DB21085I Instance "DB2_01" uses "32" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09050" with

level identifier "03010107".
    Informational tokens are "DB2 v9.5.0.808", "s071001", "NT3295", and Fix Pack
    "0".
    Product is installed at "C:\PROGRA~1\IBM\SQLLIB~2" with DB2 Copy Name
    "DB2COPY1".

db2cli doesn't work

C:\Documents and Settings\PBTJB>db2cli
    'db2cli' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarnath Reddy View Post
    Driver for ODBC and CLI is not part of the IBM Data Server Client or the IBM Data Server Runtime Client.

Documentation you are quoting may be incorrect, or the packaging may have changed in one of the fixpaks, but ODBC drivers are indeed included in the Data Server Client distribution. It is an optional component and needs to be selected during installation, but it is there.