Unanswered: store caculated data in a table or what?

Hello all,
    I should start by saying I am pretty new to Access so am not sure what I am doing. I am trying to create an access database to log SCUBA dives, using a form to allow the diver to enter and display the data. The issues I am stuck on are as follows, Let the diver enter the start and end time and calculate the elapsed time, and store the result in the table, or just let the diver enter the length (elapsed time) of the dive into the table. the form should also display the total time off ALL the dives.
    I would also like to have the diver enter the amount of air (measured in PSI) in the tank at the beginning and end of the dive and display (stored or not) of the air used. I was able to build a query to calculate the PSI used, and a query to calculate the elapsed time of one dive, but could not seem to include the query in the form with all the other fields that just store data in the table, nor pass the elapsed time back to the table
    Thanks for any help any one can be
    Craig

store caculated data in a table or what?

If Start Time and End Time values are stored in the Table then you can calculate the elapsed time and use it for output purposes (display/print). You don't need to store that value also in the Table, that will unnecessarily increase the file size.
    www.MsAccessTips.com (Learn MS-Access Tips & Tricks)
    Learn Advanced MS-Access Programming with sample VBA Code.

All responses are based on Access 2003/2007

The reason to pass the elapsed time back and store it is because some divers will only enter the elapsed time and not the start and stop time, so passing the elapsed time back to the table seemed the best way to let the diver do it either way.