Unanswered: MySQL server date

Hello,

I am pretty new to MySQL. I want to build some MySQL databases but at an older date than the current one on my server. I need this because the database will be used to post articles to my site at certain times and since I already have articles posted on it (without using any database), I want to be able to add these articles to the database but at the actual time they were posted at.

I tried to change the server date through root access before building the MySQL database, but it is not letting me do so. I am using a cpanel hosting but the server is not dedicated to me.

Any way I can do that with MySQL?

Thanks

instead of messing with the server date, why don't you just add your older articles with a backdated date
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

It is because I am using a php script that I load the articles to it once a month and then it schedules them every tuesday, thursday and sunday starting from the last upload date. So, If I add them now, they will start from the current date of the server... even if i change the upload date, in myphpadmin, the next batch will go from the scheduled date not from the one I modified.

I am thinking of renting a virtual server (VPS). I heard you can change the date on some of them. I can build the database there and then import it to my current server.

you need to fix that php script
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL