Unanswered: Sub Form Duplicates Not Allowed

I have a form with 2 subforms. ClientInfo is the parent form. It has a one to many relationship with TripControl (Subform 1). TripDetails, subform 2, is on the many side of the relationship with TripControl.

Although duplicates are allowed in the properties of both underlying tables, something prevents duplicates in Subform 1.

Subform 2 creates a new record when I do my data entry, allowing duplicates the way that I expect and desire.

But in Subform 1 any new records with a duplicate key overwrites existing records.

How do I fix this? There are certainly times when this overwriting of the underlying fields might be desirable.

This isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rlb2252 View Post
    I have a form with 2 subforms. ClientInfo is the parent form. It has a one to many relationship with TripControl (Subform 1). TripDetails, subform 2, is on the many side of the relationship with TripControl.

Although duplicates are allowed in the properties of both underlying tables, something prevents duplicates in Subform 1.

Subform 2 creates a new record when I do my data entry, allowing duplicates the way that I expect and desire.

But in Subform 1 any new records with a duplicate key overwrites existing records.

How do I fix this? There are certainly times when this overwriting of the underlying fields might be desirable.

This isn't one of them.
    Is sub orm 1 in datasheet or continuous view mode?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

I have both subforms in datasheet mode.