DB Design Approval - Stock Management System

Hi all. At the moment I'm working on a winery stock management system which will track any taxable transfers of stock so that the user can be notified when their tax is due. I'm sure you will be familiar with how a basic SMS works but I'll give you a run-down of this sytem:
    The Basics
    - The user signs up to the system as a winery owner.
    - Wineries have many stores, for example the winery itself is a store. A refrigeration company is a store. The next door neighbour's basement is a store.
    - Stores have stock in them (or not as the case may be).
    - "Stock" is considered as one or more bottles of a product.
    Transfers
    - When the user wants to transfer stock, they can either transfer it internally (to another store) or externally (invoice it to a client).
    - A transfer/invoice is made up of transfer_lines, which are references to a store from which a product will be transferred from/to.

Unfortunately the project supervisor is not database-savvy and can't give me any feedback on my designs so I'm not sure whether to build the database or not. That's where I was hoping the DBforums community could come in Below is my ERD in two different notation styles. Please let me know if any improvements can be made.

ERD - "visio" style
    ERD - crows feet notation
    Last edited by ProphetX; 06-01-10 at 08:18.

In particular I am interested in knowing whether there is a way to link my "meta" table to "store", "client", and "winery" as they contain the same fields as the meta table. Could I simply add store_id, client_id, and winery_id to the meta table?

Also, is my "a transfer is made up of many transfer_lines" a good approach to use?

Thanks for any feedback.