I have installed 2 binaries on same machine using root user.
1. 9.7 (first installation) :
2. 9.1 (second installation) :
I just have few question.
1. How do I check what all the binaries are present on my machine?
2. which instance is created wiht which binaries.
3. What are the environment varialble to switch from one binaries to another binaries with respect to root.
4. what is this represent(9,7,0,0) in v188.8.131.52?
1) I assume you are using either Linux or AIX since you mentioned using root. For Linux, the binaries are usually stored in /opt/ibm/db2/...
2) Depends on what you did when you installed the different versions. You can find out by running "db2ilist" located in the instance directory of the version installed
3) login to the instance owner for that version
4) The version and fixpack level.
If you did not use the default location to install, then it should have been documented somewhere by the person who did the install. As far as I know there is nothing that tells you where DB2 has been installed.
For the version 184.108.40.206
9 - Version number
7 - Release version
0 - ?
0 - Fixpack level