Unanswered: Can I migrate SQL Server to Oracle APEX?

Dear All

Nowadays I work on a project ( migrating from desktop applications to web based applications), the legacy system is created by SQL server and VB.Net, I want to migrate it to Oracle but based on Web, can I use APEX to do that? or if i use the SQL developer, would it be based online or just will be normal migration?

Please help.

Thanks.

Migrate to APEX from SQLServer

Hi,

Sure you can migrate your application to Oracle Application Express. We do a lot of those kind of conversions.

Check out our website : www.insum.ca

Francis.

thanks Francis.

I appreciate your help. But this is a student project so it meant to be done by myself, i would be pleased if you show me some guidelines or documentations so i can solve my problem.

thanks

You will find all the information about APEX at : otn.oracle.com/apex

Creating an account is free.

Basically, you have to migrate the db structure (create table, views, indexes etc), migrate the data and create your application with APEX with the same functionalities.

Francis.

my problem is how to migrate the data? if i use (Oracle Application Express Application Migration Workshop) or ( SQL Developer)? i thing with APEX migration workshop only can migrate data from MS ACCESS. my application is created by SQL server.

Loading data

You can load data in a csv format through APEX.

You can also use odbc to connect to SQLServer (I think) and create procedures.

Also check this : http://www.decipherinfosys.com/Heter...us_RDBMS_1.pdf

If you search google you will find different ways to copy the data from sqlserver to Oracle.

Francis.