Arrow Unanswered: Sql0727N with Sqlcode -551

I performed database bind (db2ubind, db2cli and db2chema) against the TYNG1 db on db server and they ran successfully.

However when I tried to connect to TYNG1 from the client, I received the following error:

SQL0727N An error occurred during implicit system action type "1". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-551", SQLSTATE = "42501" "IDD1|SELECT|SYSCAT.ROUTINES" SQLSTATE=56098

Last month I got similar error when connecting from client to another database, I contacted IBM support and was told to run the bind from the client. I did and it resolved the problem. I granted dbadm to the user, did the bind from the client and then revoked dbadm from the user. Everything worked fine. No more errors.

This time on a new db, I did the same bind from the client. It worked but then after I revoked dbadm from the user, it threw me same error stated above when I issued "db2 list tables for all". Connection from client to database server is fine.

What I don't understand is that I did the configuration on this new db a few days ago, everything worked fine without any issues. Today I started getting this error.

We are using v9.5 on Linux.

Can someone please help?

Thank you in advance.

Provided Answers: 11
    did you the bind with grant to public ?
    is the database created with restricted = no access to catalogs for public
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

DB was not created with restricted mode. But I did revoke privileges from PUBLIC after db was created.

I ran the following commands:

db2 bind "%DB2PATH%\bnd\@db2ubind.lst" blocking all grant <group>
    db2 bind "%DB2PATH%\bnd\@db2cli.lst" blocking all grant <group>
    db2 bind "%DB2PATH%\bnd\db2schema.bnd" blocking all grant <group>

Even "IDD1" is created under the <group>, somehow I kept getting this:

SQL0727N An error occurred during implicit system action type "1". Information returned for the error includes SQLCODE "-551", SQLSTATE = "42501" "IDD1|SELECT|SYSCAT.ROUTINES" SQLSTATE=56098

I had to grant permission directly to IDD1 in order to make it work.

Talked to my coworkers who encountered the same issue -- permission granted to the group does not work, had to grant directly to ID. Their databases are on v9.1. I wonder if this is a bug or the IDs are messed up on the OS....

Thanks!