Unanswered: Can't see records when a few fields are not filled out!

Argh!

I'm in need of some desperate help!

I have an educational database setup and I'm having an issue with viewing student course details. I have these course details setup in a one to many relationship with the student.

I've got a listbox on the students profile which tells me how many courses a student has at current. This is working fine.

I then click to view the details of this course i have selected in the listbox.The course details form pops up, but there is nothing in it! I just get a blank data entry form where all my course details should be...

Now I've singled it down to a few lookup fields that were not filled out in my course details. When i fill these out in the table, i can view all the details fine. Why would the fact that i have nothing in these fields prevent me from seeing everything on my course details form....

Thanks for any help guys, unfortunately i discovered this problem close to my deadline and thus i'm pulling out my hair trying to fix it...
    Last edited by yakkib; 06-06-10 at 22:37.

Provided Answers: 8
    what the code under the the "Click to view details"
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Hi Myle,

Thanks for wanting to help, i really appreciate it.

However i have just found the issue to the problem. I went into the SQL on the form and changed the join properties to show all records.

Thanks again (i cant find how to delete my post. I tried to delete it once i found the answer to the problem)

Quote Originally Posted by yakkib View Post
    Hi Myle,

Thanks for wanting to help, i really appreciate it.

However i have just found the issue to the problem. I went into the SQL on the form and changed the join properties to show all records.

Thanks again (i cant find how to delete my post. I tried to delete it once i found the answer to the problem)
    Thank you for sharing your solution!

What makes forum like this great is that posts NEVER get deleted. Even if you answer you own question, you should post the solution. This way other can benefit. You never know when you might need the answer again. It will be here!
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11