Unanswered: Removing New line character from a field

Hi Guys,

Somehow one of my column is having a new line character as its data. I want to show it in the single line. This is causing me an issue.

Can you please let me know how to remove the New line character.

I am pasting my output of my query which i ran it from the server.

Code:
    crd02:/clocal/fastcar/user/fcfmetl $ ARGET_HISTORY_VW TVW where I_TRGT_HIST_SAN = 21443 with ur"                   <

X_TRGT_COMNT                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        75 PERCENT OF STATUS
    REALIGN .0359 FROM PHB20
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
    Magesh

You can use:

Replace (your_string, X'0d', '')

Lenny

Still having the issue Lenny...

db2 "select replace(X_TRGT_COMNT,X'0d','') from FCFM.TARGET_HISTORY_VW TVW where I_TRGT_HIST_SAN = 21443 with ur"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    75 PERCENT OF STATUS
    REALIGN .0359 FROM PHB20

1 record(s) selected.

Provided Answers: 5
    replace(replace(source_string,chr(13),''),chr(10), '')

Andy

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mac4rfree View Post
    Still having the issue Lenny...
    Where '' is 2 quotes, not a double quote....

Lenny

Andy ,, that did the trick

@Lenny,, I think the hex value for new line is X'0A'.. I tried the below query still not able to get the result which i wanted but andy solution was on target....

db2 "select replace(X_TRGT_COMNT,X'0A','') from FCFM.TARGET_HISTORY_VW TVW where I_TRGT_HIST_SAN = 21443 with ur"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REALIGN .0359 FROM PHB20 1 record(s) selected.
    db2 "select replace(replace(X_TRGT_COMNT,chr(13),''),chr(10), '') from CFM.TARGET_HISTORY_VW TVW where I_TRGT_HIST_SAN = 21443 with ur"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    75 PERCENT OF STATUSREALIGN .0359 FROM PHB20
    1 record(s) selected.

Quote Originally Posted by mac4rfree View Post
    Andy ,, that did the trick

@Lenny,, I think the hex value for new line is X'0A'.. I tried the below query still not able to get the result which i wanted but andy solution was on target....
    Maybe. For mainframe is X'0D', for other systems could be different.
    Lenny