Unanswered: query is taking Time

Hi,

I have a table called tbl_Folio_Master in this table i have column Foliono also created a nonclustor index on this coulmn.but when i am firing query on this table then it is taking more than a 5 hour to get the result with around 40 lacs data in the table.
    below is the query which i am writing :
    select INVESTOR_ID from tbl_Folio_Master where upper(trim(FolioNO))="Foliono"

Please suggest me how to improve the performense of the query and get the result within 10 to 15 minuts.

Thanks,
    Prasad

query is taking Time

Hi,

I have a table called tbl_Folio_Master in this table i have column Foliono also created a NONUNIQUE index on this coulmn.but when i am firing query on this table then it is taking more than a 5 hour to get the result with around 40 lacs data in the table.
    below is the query which i am writing :
    select INVESTOR_ID from tbl_Folio_Master where upper(trim(FolioNO))="Foliono"

Please suggest me how to improve the performense of the query and get the result within 10 to 15 minuts.

Thanks,
    Prasad

create a concatenated function based index upper(trim(FolioNO)), INVESTOR_ID
    "There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible, and wrong."
    -- H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by prasadtiwari View Post
    ... where upper(trim(FolioNO))="Foliono"
    how do you expect a value which you have forced into upper case to ~ever~ be equal to a value containing mixed case?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL