Unanswered: DB2 on RHEL4 via NFS on Netapp filer

Hello everybody,

I have a problem creating a db2 database on a Netapp filer (3000 series) with exported nfs share.
    Writing on the share is no problem from the database machine. I also triplechecked the permissions. Everything on the share is owned by the db2 instance owner. He can create and delete files on the share with no problems.
    When i try to create a new database, use db2sample or restore an online backup from another machine i always get the following error:

SQL10004C An I/O error occurred while accessing the database directory.
    SQLSTATE=58031

My OS version is RHEL 4u8. My DB2 version is 9.1 7a Workstation. I also tried with RHEL 5u5 with no success.

I use the following options to mount the nfs share from my database machine:
    bg,rw,hard,nointr,tcp,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=327 68,timeo=600

I also tried: ATTACH TO db2inst1
    UPDATE DBM CFG USING DIAGLEVEL 4

In db2diag log i noticed some too many files were opened error before i get the io error on the shell, so i tried to increase the open files limit of the operating system via sysctl.conf (ulimit -n now shows a value of 100000)
    This also did not help...

When i unmount the nfs share and create a db locally everything works fine...

I already opened up support tickets with ibm and netapp (about one week ago). But both of them don't seem to know what is wrong... Please somebody help me ...

Tanks a lot,
    Phobic

Make sure NFS lock deamons are started

already did that

already did that on the client as well as as the server ... Sadly this makes no difference.

Any other ideas?

Sorry, i forgot to mention... I also tried to get DB2 running on an nfs share on a normal server machine... I get exactly the same errors so the error is not netapp related, i guess...

What are the exact errors in the db2diag.log? Are there any errors in the Linux system message log?

ok... i finally found the solution:
    First start /etc/init.d/nfs
    then start /etc/init.d/nfslock
    then execute /sbin/rpc.lockd by hand
    For me it only works if i do it exactly in that order...
    Thanks to db2girl for your hints...