Unanswered: Access Output to rtf document

I have an Access 2007 report that I neeed to export as an rtf document. Code:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, strReportName(1), acFormatRTF, strMainFilePath & strDocReqFileName, True

When I run the report in access, it prints perfectly. When I export it and then open the rtf file in Word 2007, there is a big difference - paragraphs in the the access report that were complete are now chopped off and truncated.

Has anyone had this experience?

Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by sjsmith View Post
    I have an Access 2007 report that I neeed to export as an rtf document. Code:

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, strReportName(1), acFormatRTF, strMainFilePath & strDocReqFileName, True

When I run the report in access, it prints perfectly. When I export it and then open the rtf file in Word 2007, there is a big difference - paragraphs in the the access report that were complete are now chopped off and truncated.

Has anyone had this experience?

Thanx
    That is very common. I have only had good luck sending reports to RTF that were very basic or specifically tweaked for exporting to RTF.

Unless your report have very simple formatting, it will be very difficult for the limited RTF command to handle the power of a report writer.

Do you need the text to be editable in Word while retaning the exact format?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Word Document

Yes. I need it to be editable in Word.
    Funny thing, most of the time the output to a rtf works fine, but when the control is fairley large, it doesn't do the whole box.