Red face Unanswered: ADP to SQL SERVER 2008 Issue

Hi All,

I'm facing issues with linking an ADP to SQL Server 2008. I was able to link ADP to SQL server 2005. Everything worked fine, but since my company is moving to SQL server 2008 i have to create a new ADp pointing to SQL server 2008, i can't connect the ADP to SQL server 2008. It gives me this error. Can you please help me with this. Also is ADP compatible with SQL Server 2008? Is there any work around available for this?
    Any info on this will be appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ADP Error.JPG  

Works for me using both Access 2003 and Access 2007, connecting to SQL 2005, SQL 2008 and SQL 2008 R2.

Presumably you have installed the SQL Server 2008 drivers on the computer attempting the connection? If not it will be trying to connect using the SQL 2005 drivers which may be incompatible.

Check under Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) -> Drivers to see which SQL Server drivers you have installed.

One Flump in One Place
    SQL Server 2008 will not let you create objects via ADP. Are you creating a database or linking a database? I don't know ADP well, but it looks to me like you are trying to create one.