Unanswered: Need code to move from main form to subforms(Access 2007)

I have a mainform frmAddAccount (master) with 2 subforms - subformNEWSTATUS (child) and subformNEWRegistrations (child) - they are linked by control "Account"

When it opens on a new record, all 3 forms are there/new

There are required controls in each of the 3 forms per entry. Operator will be using tab key from control to control

I need to go:
    *from the last control in frmAddAccount Telephone
    *to subformNEWSTATUS, control STATLU, tab to control, then THIS SUBFORM CANNOT TAB INTO NEW SUBFORM RECORD
    it has to setfocus
    *to subformNEWRegistrations, control SLU, tab to control, tab to
    control, tab to last control then CANNOT TAB INTO NEW RECORD -
    *I want to go back to the main form on control exit button

I have been trying to type the setfocus code using test data, but I think I have too much or too little in the exit event procedure (code in main form) because it doesn't work, I get error you can't go to this control:
    Private Sub Telephone_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

Forms!frmAddAccount!subformNEWSTATUS.SetFocus
    DoCmd.GoToControl "STATLU"

End Sub

I also put a set focus on exit in subformNEWSTATUS:
    Private Sub StatNotes_Exit(Cancel As Integer)

Forms!frmAddAccount!subformNEWRegistrations.SetFoc us

End Sub

and all I'm seeing is if the cursor sits for a minute on a control in the main form, it jumps into subformNEWRegistrations ? ? ? not sure if it's related to this, because it never brings me to subformNEWSTATUS

it doesn't look like you have the syntax for nameing a subform control. in the AfterUpdate or OnExit event try this , without any DoCmd - just stand alone:

Forms!frmAddAccount!subformNEWSTATUS.Form!YourCont rolName.SetFocus

thank you - that one worked!

Now - do you know how I get from subformNEWSTATUS[StatNotes] into subformNEWRegistrations[SLU] using OnExit event

syntax is syntax - - ....use the exact same syntax just vary the names of the forms, subforms, controls...it is always:

Forms!MainFormName.SubFormName.Form!ControlName

and for a SetFocus task you add the .setfocus

obviously if you mis-spell any of those it won't work - - and unfortunately doesn't supply any meaningful error message either - so one just has to be careful....