Unanswered: Table, last update?

I'm currently creating a front end app (in Access) for an existing process that runs in SQL and want to update the user visually as to what has and has not been done. Some tasks involve checking on when a table was last updated in SQL and unfortunatly the tables involved do not have a timestamp field. If I can avoid creating one that would be great as i'm not sure how many sprocs/DTS/procedures call these tables and i'm worried I may throw a spanner in the works.
    Is there some SQL function that can discover the last time a table was updated or appended to, that will allow me to write the Date value to another table? I could update a log table in the sproc itself but as I did not build this process myself i'm not entirely sure how many sprocs/DTS etc..etc, use this particular table, or any others that I may need to report on when they were last updated.

Thanks,
    Vega....

Provided Answers: 54
    You might be able to do this using Apex SQL Log : Audit data changes, rollback and reconstruct transactions but I've never used the tool. If you do, please post your results (good or bad) here.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thank you Pat.
    As soon as things calm down here i'll give that a shot!

Thanks again for your input.