Unanswered: unable to create db2 server for federated database

Hi,

I issued a command:

create server p400 type db2/400 version 5.3.0 wrapper DRDA authorization "qseibm" password "ibm***" options (node 'S657686B', dbname 'S657686B')

for an already cataloged remote data source.
    I can successfully connect to the data source through my AIX server but once I run this command i get the following error:

DB21034E The command was processed as an SQL statement because it was not a
    valid Command Line Processor command. During SQL processing it returned:
    SQL0104N An unexpected token "SERVER" was found following "". Expected
    tokens may include: "VIEW ALIAS TABLE SCHEMA UNIQUE ENCODED". SQLSTATE=42601

same create server command I had used before to create a server and it worked fine.

Did you enable federation support in your DBM config? And which version of DB2 are you using on which platform?

If it really worked before on the same database, you may have some sort of typo (e.g. a non-printable character) in your statement.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

Hi Knut,
    Thanks for the support
    I have already modified the dbm config file to make it federated and I'm using db2 9.1 on AIX 5.3.

How can i look for those "typo" ?

ADITI TIWARI

Provided Answers: 11
    always put this command in a file. we had this problem before, because it needs quotes and " quotes..
    execute with db2 -tvf ...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be