Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Bound & Unbound Forms

Hi All,

I am suffering from a bit of a mental block (perhaps a brain fart). In a classroom, I divide students up into groups. I want to be able to assign group marks to individual students. Because the size of groups can vary from task to task, I create the form by binding one textbox to a distinct query of groups. I then attached one unbound textbox, and use a combobox (outside the detail section of the form) to pick a week. So far so good; in the detail section of the form I get

Group 1 ( textbox1-bound) (textbox 2 - unbound)
    Group 2 ( textbox1-bound) (textbox 2 - unbound)
    Group 3 ( textbox1-bound) (textbox 2 - unbound)
    etc.

I want to use an Insert statement based on a button once I enter a value into each textbox (textbox 2). I know how to do this for the first statement (i.e., Group 1); how do I do it for all three together (Groups 1 to 3)?

Regards

John S

I won't pretend to understand what you are designing in any general sense; but in regard to your specific question of an 'insert statement': it's unclear as to what you are asking; if you have the correct syntax that handles group 1; perhaps you should post that statement that does work - and clarify what you need accomplished.

A Picture is worth 1000 Words?

The text boxes for the group are generated by a query. If a class has 3 groups, the form would contain three rows; seven groups, 7 rows. I am using the query to generate a dynamic form; it varies according to the number of groups in a class. The boxes where I will enter marks are not bound to anything. Frankly, they are (to me) nameless, other than the first one (txtMark). Any idea how Access identifies the subsequent boxes.

This is easy enough to do for one group at a time. I want to save for all at once using the "save" statement.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Corrections

Save using the "save" button

Each student in each class is a member of a group. I use a "select distinct" query to get a listing of all the groups used in any one class.