Unanswered: What's best way to design database for limited space - split to multiple database?

I'm designning database for a web site that is hosted by Godaddy (using ms sqlserver 2005).
    The hosting plan has database space limitation per database which is 200M. There is no limitation for number of database.

I can create 100 database with the hosting plan. But, the problem I have is my database is over 200M, which means I have to split my database. I think this causes alot of coding change. It costs alot.

If I have to split a database (with signle database design) to multiple database, what is the best way to do it? I have never faced this situation since there was no database limitation for my previous projects.

Has anyone encountered this kind of problem?

Is there any link discussing this kind of problem?

Any comments help.
    Thank you,

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    When dealing with GoDaddy, you sometimes have to be creative.

I'd take your existing database and split the tables into groups of about 150 MB or so (to give you a bit of room for growth). Create an "extra" database that has only your code (stored procedures and functions), along with views that reach into the other databases to access your tables.

As a general rule, GoDaddy Windows based accounts run on a single Windows Server. Depending on which class of service your GoDaddy account uses, you may be on either a VPS, a managed server, or on one of the clusters. This may affect your ability to split a database using the technique that I've described.

If it comes down to it, you may have to rewrite your application so that the application can use multiple databases... This is ugly, and it means that you give up the protections of DRI, but it can and sometimes must be done.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.