Unanswered: Entering Data to Access Db

Hi All,

I have created a Db in access with 8 tables and have been manually entering data into the tables.The data I am entering is from paper forms and I am manually entering the data direct into individual tables. I am wondering if there is an easier way. maybe designing a form that I can eneter data into which then populates the tables rather than table by table.

thoughts, ideas?

thanks

Provided Answers: 1

Duplicate Table Entries

You could enter all the redundant information into one table, and then make copies of that table ("copy", "paste". From there, you can modify each table's structure. HOWEVER, this begs the question of why you want duplicate information in different tables in a database, and you are courting trouble (will you be updating ALL the tables when you change data?). Any data should only be entered once in a database.

Regards

John S

Hi,

sorry I didnt make myself clear, there is no duplicate data in the tables. The issue I have is that the paper forms I have contain infomation that is now stored over the all the tables, but in some tables I only need to enter it once in certain tables.

Provided Answers: 1
    Make a form, and test your entries for duplicates?

For example:

If DCount("ID", "students", "student_no =" & Me.txtStuNo.Value) > 0 Then
    MsgBox "This student number already exists!", , "Guangxi University"
    txtStuNo.SetFocus
    Exit Sub