Unanswered: looking for comparison charts db2 and oracle

Hello

I'm in search for technical comparison charts between oracle 11g and ibm db2 9*
    Of course better if the sources are independent and reliable.

I appreciate any help of you on this issue.

At least want to know which would be the relevant technical features i should consider to the comparison?

Thanks a lot in advance

Provided Answers: 5
    At least want to know which would be the relevant technical features i should consider to the comparison
    This is going to be based on what features/functions you need. Also, asking on these forums your responses are going to be heavily biased asking on the DB2 rather than Oracle board or vice-versa. You can always look at TPC benchmarks, but remember those are highly specific as to what those applications are doing.
    With DB2 9.7 you can run Oracle apps, I don't think Oracle can say the same.
    As I said, decision needs to be based on what you plan to do with the DBMS. Then it should, also, look at pricing. All of the major database vendors can all do about the same tasks, just sometimes in a different manner.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dav1mo View Post
    ... Also, asking on these forums your responses are going to be heavily biased asking on the DB2 rather than Oracle board ...
    thanks dav1mo and yes it's also my hidden intention ;-)

Respect to the reason of the comparison is because there is a very large gov organization looking to standardize its dbms platform. Some areas have db2 others have ora. But for now they just want to check tech features rather than pricing or other issues. The apps they run are the typical of a gov environment and also some military specific ones (security compliance issues).

That info about ibm supporting oracle apps are useful, where i can find more plz

Provided Answers: 5

Here is another link on Oracle compatibility in DB2 9.7:
    DB2 9.7: Run Oracle applications on DB2 9.7 for Linux, Unix, and Windows

This article may not be 100% up to date, because 9.7.1 and 9.7.2 added a few more Oracle compatibility features not present in 9.7.0.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390