Unanswered: Forms: How can I show multiple records?

Microsoft Access tips: Search criteria

I have a form that displays one record per page, and the # of pages = the # of records that meet the filter criteria.

In the link above, the tutorial shows a form that has the results showing in data view when the rest of the form is shown in form view. Can anybody tell me how I can get my form to show multiple results like the example? I've attached a screenshot. When I select "datasheet view" the results display as desired but then I am without the header and footer - both of which I need.

I heard that the form needs to be continuous and/or include a subform but I can't figure out how to make the form continuous.

Thanks in advance,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails form_screen.jpg  

Have you tried "continuous" view?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Yes, I selected "continuous forms" as the form's Default View and there remains only one record in the search results.. with a page navigation bar at the bottom that lets me see the other records (one per page).

Provided Answers: 19
    Can you zip and post your app here? The screen grab is of limited use in this kind of thing.

What I do see is that you've got your labels for the fields in the returned records within the detail section of the form, whereas the example has them in the header section. This makes the height of the records in the Continuous form such that you can display fewer records, and this, or this together with not having your form sized optimally, is causing only one record at a time to be visible.

This as an explanation is kind of re-enforced by the excessively long, blank footer section, as seen in the screen grab.
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 06-23-10 at 17:36.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007