Unanswered: Pop Up Alert Message

Hi There,

I have created a database used for shipping products and creating packing slips. One of the features is what we call a "shipping authorization." In terms of the DB, the shipping authorization is a three part process:
    1. the requestor fills out the intial form specifying product detal, destination detal, etc.
    2. after the requestor has filled out the intial form, it must then be authorized for shipment by a designated approver.
    3. after approval, the shipping information is filled out by the shipping dept, i.e waybills, costs, etc.

The only issue I have with this process is a way to let the approving party know that there are shipments ready to approve. I know that the simplest way to do this is through a query on the table filtering out the "requires approval" fields; however, the risk with that is that shipments will not be looked at everyday. What I really want is for access to send either an email or open a form or pop up box automatically to tell the appropriate people they need to approve a shipment.

Is this possible? If so, who?

Thanks in advance for any help!

M

Provided Answers: 6
    All 3 are possible. The email I'd likely send when the status is changed to requires approval. The other two you could either do when the database loads, or using the timer event of a form, as appropriate to your needs.
    Paul

How dod you use the email function? I think that my IT security might prohibit that.

Provided Answers: 6
    The simplest is probably SendObject (more info in VBA help). It will use the default email client to send the email.
    Paul