Niche Technologists, Inc., in business since 1993, is an IT consulting and staffing company with a strong presence in the Business Intelligence sector and clients from Oregon to New Hampshire.
We are currently looking to hire a consultant, a Senior Business Analyst, with a strong orientation in Business Intelligence systems and broad experience in project management and the full SDLC. This is a long-term project estimated 1 year with a start in July.
This is a client-facing role that supports the entire SDLC on multiple projects for a highly critical system. At any given time, this role will be supporting multiple projects in the requirements definition, business design, development, and testing phases. This role will also be the primary liaison between the BI development team and business users. Must be proficient in SQL (Oracle) to validate and test data.
Overview / deliverables / expectations:
• Elicit, document, organize, communicate, and track requirements throughout the SDLC
• Become a knowledge base on business processes, data, and existing reports
• Participate in application requirements sessions with the Business and Application Teams to ensure the collection of explicit and implicit operational BI requirements
• Conduct impact analysis on BI deliverables of the application requirements
• Drive working sessions with the business, application and BI teams to collect and analyze BI requirements
• Work with the BI team to translate business requirements into solutions
• Develop test plans and facilitate system testing
• Coordinate user acceptance testing
• As a SME, participate in issue resolution, assist with the identification and communication of high-level technical constraints for the solution
• Plan, schedule, and manage all tasks related to business analysis and participate in change control management, and risk mitigation issues
• Participate in the development of training plans and their execution
• 5+ years experience in the Business Analyst role with recent experience on Business Intelligence implementations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to complete tasks on a timely basis with minimal supervision and provide timely and accurate status reporting
• Exceptional critical thinking skills, including system, process, and business analysis
• Highly skilled in Microsoft productivity tools such as PowerPoint, Visio, Word and Excel
• Proficient with SQL (Oracle).
• Any application development experience will be a huge plus
• Experience with a SQL-generator report writing tool, preferably Business Objects
• Knowledge of RDB design preferred
• No H1B or visas of any kind as we are not currently sponsoring