Unanswered: Installing db2 on linux

I am trying to install db2V9.5 data server client on linux(gentoo). When I exectue db2_install, I get this error

The required library file libaio.so.1 is not found on the system.
    Check the following web site for the up-to-date system requirements
    of IBM DB2 9.5
    IBM - DB2 for Linux UNIX and Windows System Requirements
    IBM developerWorks: Wikis - Information Management - DB2 and DB2 Connect 9.7 for Linux - Supported Environments
    Aborting the current installation ...
    Run installation with the option "-f sysreq" parameter to force the installation.

Is there any way I can get that library to have this issue resolved?

Please help

I don't know much about gentoo, but with Redhat, Fedora, and Centos, you use yum utility to find and download Linux packages. Make sure you read all the pre-reqs and install them before hand.

If you are using installing 9.5 it would be best if you get the latest fixpack and use it for the install (fixpacks are cummulative and include the base code). You will then need to harvest the license from you current install code, but you have 90 days to update the license key.

If you are using DB2 Express-C, you need a special install package and only 9.7.2 is available from IBM at this point.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I am installing DB2 9.5 FP5 IBM dataserver client. Its a cumulative package. Why would I need license key for a client when it is free to use ?

Coming to my actual question? Can some one give me the equivalent of yum command in gentoo to download linux libraries ?

Quote Originally Posted by blazer789 View Post
    I am installing DB2 9.5 FP5 IBM dataserver client. Its a cumulative package. Why would I need license key for a client when it is free to use ?

Coming to my actual question? Can some one give me the equivalent of yum command in gentoo to download linux libraries ?
    My mistake, I failed to see the word "client".

I would ask someone on a Linux forum or google it. Most of the people on this forum are professional DBA's and therefore their companies don't use gentoo. And even if we did, most of us in corporate world don't have root (the Linux admins get the Linux pre-reqs and install them).
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Even I work on db2 AIX. I am trying to help one of the user who is trying to access the db2 databases from his PC which has Gentoo OS. I checked with the linux team in our company and even they are used to work in REDHAT linux and don't really have much idea about gentoo. Googling didn't help me. Probably I need to google it better.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer789 View Post
    Can some one give me the equivalent of yum command in gentoo to download linux libraries ?
    On Gentoo Linux the interface to the package manager is "emerge". So, you would probably run "sudo emerge libaio".

When I tried that, our proxy is preventing from connecting to the gentoo website to download that library. But I manually downloaded that package from the gentoo website

Here is the package http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/...0.3.106.tar.gz

After downloading the package what is the procedure to install the libraries present in the package ?