Thread: Corrupted index

Unanswered: Corrupted index

A friend of mine has been using paradox 10 for quite a while. A database I set up for him 8 years ago suddenly hit an error - it says the index is out of date; also, when trying to put in the master or read-only password, it says the password is incorrect. I cannot rebuild the table without putting in the password. Is there any way to extract the data in a case like this? I have a copy of a dummy table used while building the system to put the data into, if I can get it out. His last backup was Feb 09, so that wouldn't help. Thanks!

trying to put in the master or read-only password, it says the password is incorrect

just one of several reasons that we don't put passwords into the tables.. if the header gets corrupted and you don't have backups, you're screwed.. there are plenty of password-cracking apps out there.. if somebody wants your data, the password won't stop them..

in this case, I'm gonna hope that the password you entered *IS* incorrect.. if the header was hosed, you would have seen a "corrupt file" message, not the "index out of date" message..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Password was correct. No hope, then?

Password was correct

then it should have worked (grin).. zip up the table and e-mail it to me.. I have a couple of things I can try, but no guarantee of success..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too