Unanswered: emailing report with additional files

This may be a bit far out but if anyone has an answer, it would really help.

The db I am working on creates PO and we email them as pdf's. With some, we also need to email drawings or specs. The drawings are saved in a folder in the db folder and the files are listed as hyperlinks in a table connected to the item being ordered.

Is there anyway when Access pulls up the report in the email, it can also pull a copy of the drawings attached to the items ordered into the PO?

Thanks
    Terri Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by tgavin View Post
    This may be a bit far out but if anyone has an answer, it would really help.

The db I am working on creates PO and we email them as pdf's. With some, we also need to email drawings or specs. The drawings are saved in a folder in the db folder and the files are listed as hyperlinks in a table connected to the item being ordered.

Is there anyway when Access pulls up the report in the email, it can also pull a copy of the drawings attached to the items ordered into the PO?

Thanks
    Terri,

It is possible to send an email with multiple attachments from Access.

It is also possible to extract the path from a hyperlink data type. So you can get the path to use for the attachment.

So it should be possible to do what you want.

How are you sending the email current?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Boyd, I'm sorry, I didn't get notified you answered.

We are using Outlook in conjunction with Access. I have automated the email to come up with the email address in it and a snap report attached (although I really need it to attach as a pdf).

Terri
    Terri Gavin

Here is a free tool that will convert a snapshot file to a PDF.

Report To PDF
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11