Our Client is actively seeking a skilled and motivated Database Administrator to fully manage MySQL databases and perform daily database operations as part of a Technical Engineering team supporting a 24x7 production environment.
This position will require applying best practices and creative solutions to the administration, monitoring, tuning, troubleshooting, and status reporting of MySQL databases, as well as the administration of highly reliable, available, and secure Linux systems supporting those databases.
Strong communications skills, a willingness to go beyond expectations, and a great collaborative team attitude are needed to succeed in this role.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage, administer and maintain MySQL databases.
• Design High Availability solutions using MySQL databases.
• Maintain, test, and improve upon a data backup and recovery architecture.
• Create and maintain data manipulation programs/scripts as necessary.
• Ensure performance optimization and tune SQL queries.
• Ensure the security of the data within the databases using role-based and encryption.
• Ensure the capacity of the databases meet current and planned needs
• Collaborate with the Linux administrators, the development team, and the ETL team to deliver data solutions for RedBrick applications.
• Provide primary support and play a lead role in troubleshooting for all issues related to MySQL databases.
• A bachelor's of science degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
• At least 2 years of MySQL Administration experience, including MySQL replication, clustering, and other high-availability techniques and practices.
• Minimum of 2 years in any other Database Administration position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven experience maintaining and optimizing MySQL databases.
• Strong understanding of MySQL replication techniques, complexities, automation, monitoring and high-availability strategies.
• A proven understanding of database architecture concepts (normalization, indexing, partitioning, optimization, etc.) and how they are applied in practice.
• A proven understanding of security principles including role-based access and data encryption.
• SQL coding, tuning, and troubleshooting.
• Solid Linux command line user skills and shell scripting for automation and monitoring.
• Scripting in PERL or other scripting tools.
• Knowledge of databases on storage systems (SAN and NAS).
• Certified MySQL DBA is a PLUS.