Unanswered: Entering single space in "Hyperlink Address" causes blank controltip/screentip

I've thoroughly searched the Internet and this forum and found no solution to this problem. Hopefully someone out there might be able to help.

Basically, I have a switchboard form with some labels that are currently acting as "hyperlinks" that will perform specific actions in the database. In order to make them appear as though they were hyperlinks, I took the most popular suggestion that I found online which was to simply insert a single space into the Hyperlink Address property of these labels. Some other suggestions included using API calls to change the cursor icon, but many people also criticized this method for its large memory usage when the cursor is changed many times.

The space-in-the-Hyperlink-Address solution works fine except that when you hover over a "link" long enough (a second or two) you'll get a blank screentip or controltip. I suppose I could enter something useful in the ControTip Text property, except that the way my labels are setup, it doesn't seem as though the screentip or controltip disappears as soon as I hover over another option. I think this is because the labels' borders are touching in Design View. Plus, I don't need a screentip or controltip at all because the text itself is descriptive enough.

If anyone knows of a way to disable screentips or controltips from showing up, please let me know. I've read a Microsoft article that explains how to disable screentips, but I don't want to disable them globally (i.e. I'll need them when I'm actually working on the database!)

Thank you in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by cypage View Post
    I've thoroughly searched the Internet and this forum and found no solution to this problem. Hopefully someone out there might be able to help.

Basically, I have a switchboard form with some labels that are currently acting as "hyperlinks" that will perform specific actions in the database. In order to make them appear as though they were hyperlinks, I took the most popular suggestion that I found online which was to simply insert a single space into the Hyperlink Address property of these labels. Some other suggestions included using API calls to change the cursor icon, but many people also criticized this method for its large memory usage when the cursor is changed many times.

The space-in-the-Hyperlink-Address solution works fine except that when you hover over a "link" long enough (a second or two) you'll get a blank screentip or controltip. I suppose I could enter something useful in the ControTip Text property, except that the way my labels are setup, it doesn't seem as though the screentip or controltip disappears as soon as I hover over another option. I think this is because the labels' borders are touching in Design View. Plus, I don't need a screentip or controltip at all because the text itself is descriptive enough.

If anyone knows of a way to disable screentips or controltips from showing up, please let me know. I've read a Microsoft article that explains how to disable screentips, but I don't want to disable them globally (i.e. I'll need them when I'm actually working on the database!)

Thank you in advance!
    Would you mind sharing what version of Access you are using?
    Boyd Trimmell aka HiTechCoach HiTechCoach.com (free access stuff)
    Microsoft MVP - Access Expert
    BPM/Accounting Systems/Inventory Control/CRM
    Programming: Nine different ways to do it right, a thousand ways to do it wrong.
    Binary--it's as easy as 1-10-11

Sorry...Access 2003. I know that this isn't an issue with Access 97 because of some other peoples' posts on other forums, but still no one has come up with a solution for Access 2003. All I need is a way to make a label/image turn to the hand cursor when moused over, but have no screentip or controltip at all.

Thanks