Unanswered: import flat file data to multiple tables

Hey guys., I need some help on a small task..,

I am supposed to create a job schedule to import Flat file data to multiple tables in SQL Server 2008 database. Empty tables will be existing and I need to create job to import the records

The flat file will be coming through FTP to my SQL server everyday and it will be delimited with ~. The import job must take place everyday at certain time automatically. ( i need to append new data to the tables everyday and not replace it).

Im a mid level web designer/developer and not a database guy but still have some knowledge... Please suggest me the best way to do it and/or any links/steps to achieve this will b very helpful. Thank you

Provided Answers: 54
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

im sorry im not able to get you

Provided Answers: 54
    SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) can FTP the file for you if necessary, it can import the file into a work/staging table, copy or append the staging table to one or more other tables, and anything else that this problem is likely to need. Once you build the SSIS package, you can schedule it as needed.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.